Community Announcements/Latest News
Works schedule – Unsealed road grading program for 29 March – 2 April 2021
- Bendenine Road – in progress.
- Boutchers Drive – in progress.
- Bendenine Road – in progress.
Easter Opening Hours
- Kerbside Collection – No kerbside collection in Yass on Good Friday (2 April). Bins will be collected Thursday, 1 April instead. Kerbside collection on Monday, 5 April as normal.
- Transfer Stations – Yass & Murrumbateman Transfer Stations will be closed Good Friday (2 April).
- Visitors Information Centre – Closed Good Friday but open Saturday to Easter Monday – 10am to 4pm.
- Customer Service – Closed from 4.30pm Thursday, 1 April. Reopening 9am Tuesday, 6 April. Duty Officer is always available – call 6226 1477.
Yass Library School Holiday Program
- Wednesday 7 April – make, paint and decorate a wooden flower – ages 6-12
- Monday 12 April – badge making with Southern Tablelands Arts Director Rose Marin – all ages 5 and above.
- Wednesday 14 April – make a stained glass artwork from cardboard, cellophane and your imagination! Ages 6-12.
Water and Wastewater Operator
Closing: 5pm on Monday, 5 April 2021.
The primary purpose of this position is to operate, maintain and construct water supply and sewerage assets to ensure the efficient provision of water and wastewater services to the community.
Heavy Plant Mechanic
Closing: 5pm on Monday, 12 April 2021.
Yass Valley Council has a position available for a Heavy Plant Mechanic to join a professional and skilled Workshop and Fleet team. This is a diverse and fast-paced role with a variety of work scope responsible for undertaking effective maintenance and repair of Council’s fleet and plant assets.
For more information: https://www.yassvalley.nsw.gov.au/our-council/employment/positions-vacant/
YVC-IA-19-2021 – FLR Local Road Rehabilitation – Stage 1
Closing: 4pm (local time) Tuesday, 27 April 2021.
Yass Valley Council manages an extensive road network of over 1,200km throughout the Local Government Area (LGA). Council has received funding under the NSW Governments Fixing Local Roads (FLR) grant funding program, and intends to rehabilitate a number of local roads to provide an improved road surface, improve the serviceability of the roads, and improve safety. Council has identified Illalong Road Segment 7, Morton Avenue Segment 2 and Cusack Place for upgrade in the first stage of his project. This nominated sections of road are generally in poor condition and have reached the end of their useful lives.
YVC-IA-16-2021 – Shingle Hill Way Bridge Construction and Road Realignment
Closing: 4pm (local time) Monday, 3 May 2021.
Yass Valley Council manages an extensive road network of over 1,200km throughout the Local Government Area (LGA), including numerous bridges and causeways. Council has received funding for the replacement of the existing low level causeway on Shingle Hill Way with a new reinforced concrete bridge structure under the NSW Government Fixing Country Bridges program as well as the Federal Government Bridges Renewal program. The construction of a new bridge and realignment of the road will improve the safety of the route, provide an improved flood immunity, and improve freight productivity.
For more information: https://www.yassvalley.nsw.gov.au/our-council/tenders-quotes-and-eois/
Yass Valley media contacts: