If you intend to have a fire/burn/bonfire, there are a few things that must be done:
1. Notify Yass Fire Control on 02 6226 3100 24 Hours before the proposed time. Ring before 4:00pm.
2. Notify your local RFS Duty Officer on 0419 899 979
3. Notify your neighbours
All these must be done at least 24 hrs prior to the fire/burn.
* Do not light pile burns unders trees or powerlines
* Do not burn plastics or household rubbish
* DO not leave the burn unattended
* DO have a hose ready to deal with embers.
More infomation is availbale at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or pick up a brochure from the Murrumbateman RFS Fire Station in Rose Street (next to the Preschool).
It is important to follow these points so we all know what is going on and to help in preventing unnecessary brigade "call outs".
THE START OF THE BUSH FIRE DANGER PERIOD IS 1ST OCTOBER,
YOU MUST OBTAIN A PERMIT FOR YOUR BURN FROM THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR BRIGADE.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO CONDUCT A BURN WITHOUT A WRITTEN PERMIT