Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can I camp at the Murrumbateman Recreation Grounds?

Unfortunately Yass Valley Council (YVC) does not permit camping at the Murrumbateman Recreation Grounds. Please contact YVC on (02) 6226 1477 or at for further information. Please note the MPA does not manage the use of these grounds.

How do I book facilities at the Murrumbateman recreation grounds?

If you wish to book facilities at the Murrumbateman recreation grounds including the grounds, village green, hall, meeting room, please click HERE to access the online booking system for Councils community facilities. Further enquiries or problems should be directed to Yass Valley Council on (02) 6226 1477 or at The Murrumbateman Progress Association does not administer the hire/bookings of these facilities. 

The Murrumbateman Recreation Reserve Grounds are located in the centre of Murrumbateman and are owned by Yass Valley Council and managed on its behalf by the Murrumbateman Recreation Reserve Grounds Committee (the Committee) for benefit of the community of Murrumbateman and Yass Valley.

How do I join the MPA?

It costs just $11 to join the Murrumbateman Progress Association (MPA). Further information can be found HERE.

I’m new to Murrumbateman and I wanted to know more about the area. Where is a good place to start?

You may like to subscribe to the MPA Mailing List and also join the Facebook page and Twitter feed. The Murrumbateman Services Directory (MSD) is a good directory for lots of local businesses and the Murrumbateman Notice Board on Facebook Groups is also a good place to find things for sale and any issues that are important to the community.

Last Updated 14/03/2017